Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in review.

My heart is flooded with emotions when I think back on 2013. What a year it is been. I think it is safe to say the biggest surprise was our little Greta. While I had hoped we would keep the kids coming, I never anticipated that it would have happened so fast. I cant believe I put in another 9 months of being pregnant, and then had a baby girl. I was prepared for a boy, but am so thrilled with a girl. She is so sweet. I was anxious about having them so close in age, but as I reflect on life since Greta's arrival, I realize we are doing it. We are 8 weeks in (today) and loving life with two kids.

Sullivan had a year of firsts; firsts steps, first words, first ice cream, first melt down, you get the point. It is safe to say he melts both of our hearts. He has come around to having a sister, offering her a blanket whenever she cries, but then trying to pull it out from under her when she sleeps. He runs around this house while yelling and giggling. When I think of him I instantly think of his expressive little eyes. I cant believe the joy he brings to both Dave and I.


Moving homes took the place of traveling this year, although we did manage to get a couple of trips in. Leaving our little house on 6th Avenue was very bittersweet. We have so many great memories there, but we both agreed it was time to move on. The move into our new home couldn't have come at a better time. It is great to stretch out and enjoy the extra space. We feel so good in our new home and look forward to the memories we will create here. 

We are so grateful for friends, family, and each other. We are lucky to have one another and are reminded to hold each other close. We are looking forward to new beginnings, new firsts, and more of each other in 2014. 

Smiles for daddy. 
Sweet Sully.
Sully and daddy playing in the snow.

Greta 8 weeks and Sullivan 19 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment