Friday, December 27, 2013

St. Louis

Greta and I went to St. Louis the week before Christmas. We stayed with Stacy and her kids and had a really nice stay. It was so good to see her in her surroundings and to know she is doing ok. It was also nice to get know her kids on a more personal level. I wish I could do that with each of my friends spontaneously rather than do it because of a tragedy.

Our days were filled mostly with chatting, some laughing, some tears, and a ton of food. There is no shortage of people sending food love her way. Between meals, muffins, and Christmas goodies, I think I was always full. We spent some time at her parents' house. Her mom is so accommodating, and has just wrapped Stacy and the kids up in a huge hug 100% of the time. We stopped over there for lunch one afternoon and when we were finished, her mom walked Greta and I downstairs and tucked us in for a nap. It is amazing to be told to take a nap. It is really incredible how her mom, dad, and brothers have stepped to take care of her. Wether it is reading to the kids, babysitting, laundry, yard care, Christmas light hanging, you name it, they are covering it.

Dave stayed home with Sully and they had a difficult few days. Sullivan came down with the stomach flu, which actually hung around for 4+ long days. Dave's hopes of outings and the fitness center were completely dashed because of it. Sullivan was so unconsolable after his nap on Friday afternoon that Dave actually took him into the ER in fear something worse was going on. Fortunately, Sully perked up upon their arrival, so after a couple of easy tests they were discharged. Dave gets the 'dad of the year' award for allowing me to be there for Stacy with no hesitation.

My frequent flier, relaxing on the plane. 

Tommy and Greta.

Sam babysitting for Greta.

Sam and Greta.

The three kiddos.

Meanwhile, back in Sioux Falls...



No comments:

Post a Comment