Monday, January 6, 2014

Cabin Fever

Brrr, its cold outside. The first week of January has brought a heck of a cold snap and we have done our best to avoid cabin fever with our two little ones. Dave was on Friday Sunday call this weekend so we did our best to maximize our time together on Saturday. We spent the morning at the Butterfly house, went for lunch and then came home for naps. Sullivan loved it. He ran around pointing giggling at all of the butterflies in the air. What a great spot on such a cold day.

Greta turned two months old on Sunday and we had her 2 month check up this morning. We are happy to report that everything is right on track. She weighs 10lbs and 12oz (46th percentile), is 22.5 inches long (58th percentile) and her head circumference is 15.5 inches (69th percentile).

Greta is more and more interactive these days, smiling and starting to coo. She is a decent sleeper, she even had two nights this week with only one wake during the night. She is still in bed with us (I know, its a no no, but like everything else, it works for us for now) so I hardly mind when she does need to feed. I feel like I have put in my newborn time and we are starting to get some fun feedback from her.

Sully is still wild. We are working on words and have had a few new ones, he even said "Hi Daddy," although we are the only ones who could probably make out that that is what he was saying. I mentioned it to my pediatrician this morning who is pretty confident that he will be on the right track. He did say that sometimes a new baby can cause that sort of regression which is probably the reassurance I needed since Sully had a few words several months ago that he refuses to use now. Its always something.

A bit timid around the sting rays. 
Sweet Greta.
Sully at the butterfly house. 
A butterfly finding a spot on Greta's head. 
Post call and post doctors appointment naps.  
Greta and Sully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment