After 10 weeks of barely leaving the house, I finally decided to get back into the real world. I enrolled Sully in a music class, joined weight watchers, and got back to the gym. These activities get me out of the house three mornings a week. I had (and still have) a small amount of anxiety leaving the house with two kids who are so young and so close in age, but I am also starting to go stir crazy. It turns out, I am completely capable. Yes, it is difficult when I park up against a snow bank and need to figure out how to get Sully out while carrying Greta in the infant carrier, and yes, it is frustrating when I get them both out, put Sully down and have him race toward the street. I was at the fitness center last week when I let go of Sully's hand and he bolted before I could get Greta in the car. For a split second I didn't know what to do, put Greta on the ground (keep in mind it was about 10 degrees that day) and chase him, or put her in the car and then case him? Decisions decisions :).
I am also going back to work in a few days, which will be nice. Dave is going to be on vacation, so he will be home with the kids. Im excited to get back to my coworkers and to have some adult time.
Greta will be 11 weeks tomorrow and she finally started to nap in her crib (today). She did great. Turns out Im the one holding back, not her. Now if we could just get the nights down...maybe tonight? Maybe not. ;).
I have had a lot of fun taking photos of the two of them. It is fun to snap a photo when I can catch them both looking (and holding still). Im still working on two smiles...hopefully soon.
 |
| Greta girl cozy in her crib. |
 |
| Daily FaceTime with daddy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment