Dave and I spent last week in the Black Hills. We were hoping to have time for a big "last trip" before the baby was born, but because of schedules and timing (and our OB saying, "you absolutely cannot go to Europe this late in the game"), the biggest we were able to manage was a trip across the state. It turned out to be the perfect trip.
We spent a lot of time reading, relaxing, cooking, eating, and spoiling Kenzie. We stayed at the Schock cabin which is way off the beaten path. So far off that cell phones and internet didnt even work, and although that seemed a bit daunting at first, it actually turned into quite the blessing.
We planned a daily walk and a daily excursion, most of the walks were near the cabin which is surrounded by a couple of creeks. Kenzie went nuts, swimming and exploring. You would never know she had her 9th birthday last Sunday. However, I think she is still recovering, but not complaining. We went to Sylvan Lake; a favorite for both of us, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, and drove up the backside of Terry Peak Mountain, which has amazing views, and a great feel.
We are very thankful to have been able to get one last trip in.
 |
| Dave and Kenzie playing fetch. |
 |
| Dave mastering the grill at the cabin. |
 |
| Sylvan Lake |
 |
| A walk on the Michelson Trail. |
 |
Mt Rushmore
|
I am 35 + weeks now and am feeling pretty good, I do have some occasional contractions, but nothing consistent. I go in to the doctor on Thursday for my 36 week appointment, and Im curious to hear if I have started to make any progress. Im trying not to get my hopes up, but its darn near impossible...
No comments:
Post a Comment