Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Blood Pressure Schmood Pressure
Well, just as we were smooth sailing through the third trimester, my body decided to throw a curve ball. It turns out Dave's surprise party was a bit too alarming for my body as well ;). Im not gonna lie, I did notice a significant amount of swelling after the birthday party on Friday night, but just wanted to get through it and get to bed. Saturday was a little off for me, I had a headache, my ankles were the size of my thighs (ok, not that bad, but you get it) and my hands were really tight, so I thought it would be best for us to head to the pharmacy and have them do a quick blood pressure check (Maggie also had issues with blood pressure with her pregnancy with Isaac).
Needless to say, my blood pressure was up. It wasn't dangerously high by any means, just a significant change from my OB appointment the Thursday before. So, we headed up to the the hospital and Dave (taking on his roll as Dr Munce at this point) took a couple there before we headed home with a manual cuff. It continued to linger in an "it could be better, could be worse" zone for about an hour when I decided to call the on-call OB.
After a quick discussion, she thought it would be best for us to come in, have lab work done and check things over, just to be on the safe side. Fortunately I was exactly 37 weeks, so worse case scenario, the baby could be delivered and the baby would be really close ready.
A couple hours of blood work, blood pressures, and baby monitoring later, we were given the 'ok' to go home, but on 'modified bed rest.' So, that is where we are now. I have been home and taking it easy for the past few days. Dave has been checking my blood pressure a few times each day, and it remains in the same range, just shy of too high. I have really high hopes of making it another week so Dave can make it to his niece, Lauren's, wedding in Valentine, NE this Saturday. I have another appointment on Thursday, so that should tell us all we need to know.
So, until then, Im taking it easy, enjoying my last few weeks (or days, eek!!) of quite time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment