Monday, May 14, 2012

Avera Race for the Cure

Avera hosts an annual Race agains Breast Cancer each year on Mother's Day weekend. Maggie and I have done our best to coordinate some sort of group to participate. Its generally hit or miss, but we usually end up with a handful of friends and family. The overall Race attendance this year was a record for the event, topping out at over 6,500 people.  

Dave ran the 10K and Jeff ran the 5K (yay Dave and Jeff!), and the rest of us walked a 1.5 mile family fun walk. I was a little hesitant to commit, not knowing how I would feel, considering it would also be the maker of 36 weeks. I was thankful for Dave's gentle push to commit because it was a beautiful day and its such a fun event. Our group consisted of my mom, Sonia, Maggie, Lauren, Isaac, Anna and myself, we had a great time and great conversation. Below are some pictures of the event. 


Dave and I after the Race

Go Walkers! Sonia, Anna, Isaac, me, Mary Ellen and Lauren

Jeff and Dave post run

Me, Dave and Lauren (two weeks before her wedding)

No comments:

Post a Comment