Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lauren and Elliot make it official!

Lauren and Elliot got engaged shortly after we found out we were expecting. We knew they wanted to get married at The Prairie Club, a golf club Lauren's father, Paul, opened a few years ago, and knew it would be a gorgeous wedding. The only hold up? The Prairie Club is near Valentine, Nebraska, a four hour drive from Sioux Falls. We knew it would be up in the air for me to make it, but it was ultra important for Dave to be there. You see, Lauren (and the rest of her siblings) are among the most important things in Dave's life. Since Julie's (his sister) passing, he has maintained a significant presence in their lives, and they have done the same for him. Their uncle/niece/nephew relationship is quite remarkable.

When we were told of my blood pressure issue, it was definite I would stay home, but we were not sure what that would mean for Dave. Fortunately our Doctor gave Dave the green light to go, and he had a blast. He spent his actual birthday there, and they made his day ultra special, surprising him with desserts and bagpipe performances. I could tell by the sound of his voice that he felt on top of the world. I had several messages throughout actual wedding day, including photos and texts expressing how perfect the occasion was. He came home on Sunday, and I not gonna lie, I was anxious for his arrival. I was bored out of my mind and needed someone to entertain me.

We are so happy for Lauren and Elliot and are anxious for them to return from their honeymoon so we can see some photos and hear all about their wedding in their own words. We hope the baby is here for their homecoming to make it extra special.

Lauren and Dave at the
Rehearsal Dinner/birthday celebration

Congrats Lauren and Elliot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment