Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bed Rest Boat Ride

We hit the 38 week milestone on Saturday which happened to coincide with my one week marker on bed rest. Let me tell ya, its not all its cracked up to be. Dave had been in Nebraska for the weekend and upon his return, I was antsy for something (mellow) to do. Maggie and Jeff were in Okoboji for the weekend and when I woke up on Monday morning, I had a text from her urging us to come for part of the day, if we were up for it.

She didn't have to ask me twice...in the summers past, this is something I would do quite frequently, especially if Dave was on call. I know my quick day get-aways will be limited this summer, so I was really hoping it would work out.

Dave and I had a mellow morning, then had lunch with his mom, followed by a visit to the Cemetery. We were on the road by 2:30 for our Okoboji outing. We were there just long enough to enjoy an evening boat ride with Maggie, Jeff, Isaac, and Anna, then dinner with the same crew, plus John and Linda before heading back to Sioux Falls. Thanks to the Olivers for a great escape, I hope we are able to do it again sometime this summer.

38 weeks and 2 days big
Dave and Isaac
Dave and Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment