Monday, November 4, 2013

A rainbow of emotions.

Saturday quietly came and went. No contractions, no water breaking, no baby. I was so sure this baby would be here early, especially with all of the hard work I have been doing. My anxiety leading up to the day was impressive, and I figured once the day was behind us, I would chill out a bit. Not really. Fortunately, I had been in to see my doctor last Thursday and she had scheduled me for an induction on Tuesday (tomorrow), so I had that in my corner. There was a way out, I had just hoped it would happen on it's own rather than the medical route.

I have had steady stream of texts and phone calls from friends of family. This baby is already loved so much, its really quite flattering. My replies remain the same, no baby, no excitement. I have had lots of suggestions for how to start labor at home, and I can honestly say I have tried about everything shy of caster oil. Nothing works. This baby is on its own agenda. 

I have been very emotional about Sully as well. It is hard to put into words the feelings I have when we are snuggling quietly before nap or bedtime. I know his life will be filled with fun with a sibling, but I feel like we are robbing him of his single child life so early. Dave keeps reminding me to stay focused on the positive, and it is positive, after all. We are just adding to Sully's sweetness with another baby. I just hope I'm able to give Sully and the baby the attention they both need. Im sure that once I have tomorrow behind me, Ill feel better, its just a matter of getting there. On a positive note, Im really excited to meet this little one, I cant wait to see if its a little boy (my prediction) or if Dave is right and its a little girl. Either way, we already love it to pieces, even if it is taking it's sweet time. 

One last bit of excitement...our house sold! We got the call last night around dinner time. It was the last thing we were expecting at the time, but timing couldn't be better. We were able to get over there this morning to get one of the last carloads of stuff (yes...there is too much stuff). Dave might have one more load to get, but its manageable for him on his own). I'm so glad we can move on and focus on our current home and our growing family. (Now, if only the condo would sell!)

When I check in again, we will be a family of four. As I type, I tear up, There is a wet mark on my t shirt, one more benefit to having a 40+ week size belly, a tear catcher, if you will. I am on quite the emotional roller coaster, and ready to get off... thank goodness the end is near.

All dressed for church (Dave loves to dress him up).
One last look at his first apartment. 

Saying farewell, ugh, here come the emotions again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment