Saturday, November 9, 2013

Margaret Lynn Munce

Tuesday went really well. We arrived at the hospital at 7am, right on time and things were quickly under way. An IV was started and the medication to induce labor was started before 8am. Dave and I were encouraged to walk the hallways as long as we were up for it, so we walked until about 11 when I decided to have some down time. Maggie was welcome to come as soon as she was able to free herself of Anna and she found her way up to the hospital by about 9:30am. She could hardly stand being home in fear she might miss any excitement. Dr Kallemeyn came in to check on things at 11:40, she broke my water and I was at a 3. The light hearted, relatively pain free day took a labor turn at this time. After 2 hours of contractions that gradually became more painful and frequent, I was ready for an epidural, which was placed by 2:15pm. Things progressed rapidly after this. I dilated from a 6 to a 10 and pushed for 20 minutes before delivering her at 3:28pm. She was 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches long. I was so surprised that she was a she, as soon as she was born, Maggie screamed "its a girl!!", while bawling hysterically. She really wanted Anna to have a shopping buddy when we take our girl trips in the future. Dave was a great coach, rarely leaving my side, calm and collected for the duration of the day, just what I needed. 

Margaret Lynn was named after both of our sisters. She shares a middle name with her late Aunt Julie. I never did know Julie, but from what I gather about her, she would have loved to spoil Greta with love and all things pink. Greta will know her Aunt Maggie well, and I know she will be spoiled with love, pink things, and attention by Julie's daughters, who are already so present in her life. She is one lucky little girl. 

We are home and settling. I am pleasantly surprised with how things are going (I know I have Dave to thank for this). Sully is curious and will pop over and snuggle, kiss, poke or swat her depending on his mood, otherwise he carries on as usual. He is so funny and seems like such a big boy now that Greta is here. I am feeling pretty good, albeit tired. She definitely has her days and nights backwards, but I know that is temporary. We are in sleep survival mode around here for the next few weeks. She really is a dream come true. I was so set on a boy that I didn't even really entertain the girl idea. I'm so glad I got a girl out of the deal :). 

Walking the halls. 
Daddy, Greta, and Mama
Mama and Greta
Margaret Lynn Munce
Picture with Auntie and namesake. 
Sullivan meets his sister. 
Our kiddos 
Sully and Greta

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new little baby girl! She is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete