Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sullivan!

Well, it happened, right before my very own eyes. My baby turned one. We had a great day.

I went to bed last night reminiscing about what had happened one year ago last night. Little did I know, I would only get a few hours of sleep before Sully would wake me up, indicating he was ready to meet us. The hours that followed that day were long and seemed never ending. Fortunately, there was an end in site and the result was something neither Dave or I could have ever imagined. What a smiley, darling little boy. Such a personality; Sully is observant, sneaky, daring, goofy, and even has a touch of rhythm. When we lock eyes, it never fails, he gives me this perfect little grin, his big blue eyes smile so bright. I know I am speaking for both Dave and I when I say that we didn't know our hearts could be so full. We are so grateful for Sullivan.

We started the day with lots of smiles and play, followed by a stellar three hour nap (we transitioned to one nap this week, and started whole milk). After his nap we ran a few errands in preparation for his Birthday Party which we had to relocate last minute to my parent's house due to iffy weather...darn. But it was perfect, so much room for the kids to play, and a great atmosphere for a gathering. We filled a pinata with candy and the kids had a blast swinging at it, and I think the parents had fun watching. We had a great turn out, in fact I had to fight back tears when we were singing to him because the volume was so loud, so much love in one room. As the group sang, Sully looked around, so wide eyed, taking it all in. That was followed by a cupcake that Sully had no interest in and lots of great gifts. What a day!

Happy Birthday, sweet Sully, we love you so much.

Sullivan's Birthday invitation.
Family photo with the boy of the day. 
Munce family photo, I am 18 weeks pregnant with #2. 
Isaac swinging away. 
Cappy taking a turn. 
Anna protecting her candy. 
Goofy Owen. 
Wild Hudson. 
Sweet Sophia.
Sullivan zoned in on the candle. 
Daddy and Sullivan reading a homemade card from Isaac. 
Obsessed with trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment