Saturday, May 25, 2013

Celebrating Dave.

Today was Dave's birthday. We spent the day doing family things, and for me, it was perfect (hope he feels the same :)). I heard Dave get up at 7am, this is par for the course. When he is home on weekend mornings, he typically gets up with Sully then gently closes the door and lets me sleep until my heart is content (yes, I am spoiled). This morning was no different. I woke up at 8:15, planned on heading downstairs to say my good mornings, but this morning, Sully's door was still closed. Could it be?...had our little man slept all night long, and was actually still sleeping? I checked the video monitor, and sure enough, there he was, sound asleep in his crib. What a champ, I felt like it was my birthday. He woke up shortly after, then filled out his daddy's birthday card before Dave made his way up to greet him. They spent a few minutes snuggling and admiring each other before we got on with our day.

We spent the morning at the Farmer's Market, then came home for Sully's nap. Dave ran a few errands then we had lunch together on the patio before Sullivan woke up. The two of them headed over to see Gma Helen while I baked Dave a Birthday cake. Upon their return, Dave opened a few, gifts then Sully went down for a late afternoon nap. We finished off the day with a BBQ at my parent's house with some of my family.

It is great to have a day to celebrate Dave. He is a very humble, kind man who would do anything for Sullivan, baby #2 and I. We are a lucky little family. I think I said the same thing last year (because yes, I was pregnant last year, too...Im taking next year off of the pregnancy business), but we have a lot to look forward to this year, babe, and I couldn't ask for a better partner. I love you!

Morning snuggles and birthday cards. 
Farmer's Market lilacs and a birthday cake. 
Birthday presents for daddy.
Sully is distracted :).

No comments:

Post a Comment