A good friend of mine who lives in St Louis was remodeling her basement around the same time we were doing ours (2 winters ago), she had an 18 month old at the time. When I had gone to visit she showed me what I thought was the coolest little idea. She built her daughter, Sam, an apartment under their stairs. We had a similar layout, so I knew this would work for us as well when time time came around.
Needless to say, the time has come. We are challenged with a space issue in our house. This house is perfect right now, but as the toys increase, Sully becomes more mobile, and we eventually start talking about number 2, we are going to run into big time space problems. With that said, we love it here. As the Christmas toys started coming, I remembered my friend, Stacy's, apartment idea. It was perfect. What great way to store all of those toys and books! So, I went to work, finding just the right things to make it homey and a perfect space for Sullivan. Although he is a bit small now, I know he will grow to love it.
Hopefully Sam and her little brother, Tommy can come to see your apartment someday, Sullivan :).
Welcome to your new home, Sully!
 |
| Sully's address (same as ours, except "Suite #2"). |
 |
| Sully's foyer. |
 |
| Sully's coat hanger. |
 |
| Sullivan's things, a view from above. |
 |
| Sullivan in his apartment with his assets. |
 |
Daddy could hardly wait to hang out in Sully's apartment
According to Dave, the only thing missing is surround sound. |
No comments:
Post a Comment