We arrived at about 6pm and hit up Ikea and Nordstrom's in order to get those two high traffic stops out of the way before Saturday. It was very strategic, both places were very quiet and we were able to zip through and head to The Galleria in time for a late dinner, then checked in to the hotel room. Because I am breast feeding, I had to pump before I went to bed and something came disconnected so I asked Maggie to reconnect it since she had two hands, and whoops! She broke one of the pumpers! I nearly had an anxiety attack, but managed to get through, in twice the amount of time. The pump I had been using was Maggie's old one, so we got lots of good use out of it before it was retired. Maggie got up bright and early for me and ran to Baby's R Us to get a new one (I might add that it is very compact and nice, actually something I have wanted for quite some time).
We shopped all day on Saturday, hitting up all of our favorite spots. Leanne, one of my favorite college friends was even able to meet for some jean shopping. We went for lunch at a great new spot, and dinner at Bar La Grassa in downtown Minneapolis. I had made the reservation about 6 weeks ago and was really excited to return. Our Aunt Patty was able to join us for dinner. All in all, it was a pretty great day.
We woke up early on Sunday and went for brunch before shopping some more and hitting the road home at about 2pm, an hour ahead of schedule. No need to fear, we were able to use up that hour by stopping for mexican food at a small dive restaurant in Worthington, MN. I think my mouth is still on fire from the hot hot hot salsa.
What a great weekend. Lots of laughs, tears, and stories over delicious food, beautiful clothing, artsy glass frames (my mom's main item on her list), and shoes! Oh, the amount of shoes we tried on is ridiculous, but fabulous. I had a such a nice weekend away with you ladies, and I cant wait for our weekend next year :)
| Shopping... |
| Eating... |
| Shopping...and repeat! |
No comments:
Post a Comment