Sunday, July 18, 2021

Disney World Surprise!

We pulled it off! We had to rebook our planned trip last year to Disney World due to COVID and never whispered a word that the trip even existed. As the days got closer and we began (quietly) talking about it to people, the more we risked spilling the beans. But, the morning of our departure, we woke the kids up early, brought them downstairs and told them to get dressed and get in the car cause we were heading to Disney. They were in disbelief. On the way to the airport, Piper said, “so wait… we are going right NOW!?” Flights were on time and before we knew it, we were in sunny, HOT Florida. 

Our week was jam packed, we hired guides the first couple of days so were lucky enough to skip most of the line. The guides kept us moving. We did the Magic(al) Kingdom (as Sully calls it) the first day. We were off to a great start when we got on the Small World ride and Piper got quiet and nervous and said she was going to throw up, and then proceeded to do so. Darn, she and I skipped the next few rides and were ready to rejoin the ride fun after lunch. Buzz Lightyear it was! She jumped on, was ready to shoot her laser, we made one spin and she was going to get sick…I wasn’t fast enough and before I knew it, we were covered. I sheepishly had to tell our guide and Piper and I went back to the room to regroup. Dave and the kids stayed and rode every single ride. The thrill seekers. 

We did Animal Kingdom the following day. I did a few rides with the group while Piper stayed behind with Samantha looking through the shops in the A/C. It was all fun and games until the rollercoaster went backwards and I nearly tossed my marbles. I know where Piper gets her motion sickness from. We did the safari as a family and then we did the Avitar ride. It was incredible, such an experience, but unfortunately, that was the end for me. I got off and was certain I was going to pass out or puke or both. We hung in there and saw some fun shows and then grabbed lunch and made our way back from some A/C. 

Tuesday was a pool morning and the girls and I went to get princess make overs at the spa at the Four Seasons, what a lovely break from the park chaos. My only mistake was not scheduling a treatment for myself. ;). They loved it and felt so special. We met up with Dave and Sully afterwords at Epcot where we wandered through the aquarium and hit the shops before an early return. This was our one sitter evening and Dave and I were able to get reservations and Le Cellier at Epcot. We stopped for a quick cocktail at the Enchanted Rose in the Floridian which was so lovely and then walked around the countries at Epcot before our reservation. We dined and then came out to the most amazing fireworks display before making our way home. 

On Wednesday, we navigated Hollywood Studios on our own, Dave and the kids hitting the rides while Piper and I wandered through shops and hit the shows. While the guides were great at getting all of the highlights hit in a timely fashion, it was nice to go our own pace for a day. We exhausted the entertainment and shopped (again) and then came back for an easy dinner in the room before a really early bedtime. 

Thursday was a pool day and Disney Springs dinner day- a low key day was exactly what we needed. 

Friday was our final day, we went back to the Magica(al) Kingdom, Dave and the older ones went early to attempt to beat the lines and Piper and I joined for lunch. It was the hottest of all days and the first day we wished we had a stroller. We wandered and shopped (again) and had an early dinner at The Palace overlooking Cinderella’s Castle before making our way home to pack, and then back to the park for Happily Ever After which was incredible. The music, the thematics, the overwhelming feeling of just being together in such an incredible place. 

We are returning happy, full, exhausted and broke. We will be back to spend more money and have more fun, but it will be several years ;). 

Day one, so happy to be here! 

Our first day near Cindarella's Castle. 

Silly family photos at Animal Kingdom

Sooo many selfies. 

I love this one in all of their Disney gear. 

Princess makeovers. 

Aquarium

The boys do Epcot. 

The Enchanted Rose 


Downtown Disney 

Disney Dad. 

Thrilled to see Mickey and the crew!

A magical time... more swag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment