Monday, June 17, 2019

Sully is seven, whoop whoop!

Wow, Sully turned seven and we definitely celebrated. I think this is the first year Dave and I have been able to sit and enjoy an evening while the kids take off and play, and let me be the first to tell you, its amazing. I did the math, and its been, well, seven years since we have had that sort of freedom. We took full advantage.

We had our usual family party on his actual birthday with qdoba and cake and amazing weather. We had a lovely turn out and Sully was a pleasant guest of honor with good spirits and even better manners.

We topped off the fun with a friend party at SkyZone on Sunday. This was my first experience with this sort of madness and it was just that. There were so many moving parts and so much noise, we were happy for all of the fun, but so happy when it was all over ;). Then came the 'thank you' cards... all 14 of them. Slow and steady, we checked them all off, but it definitely took persistence and patience.

At both parties, he left one candle lit and when I injured about a girlfriend, he proudly proclaimed "Annika!" It melts my heart.

He was so gracious, a kind brother to his sisters and a polite gift opener at both parties. When given the choice, he would always choose to play soccer with is friends and family before gifts which makes me happy. He just loves it. I hardly even see him and I don't even need to worry about him because for the most part, he makes the right decisions. I so proud of the confident and kind boy he is.

And last but not least, his gift of choice this year was a tank top and he was so excited when he received one.

Birthday breakfast. 
The candle was Greta's idea. 
Annual birthday balloons.
Sibling photo.
Family photo with the sweaty soccer birthday boy. 
Tank top :).
Friend party. 
The birthday boy with Dave and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment