Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Kinder Graduation



Sully graduates kinder!

I am so proud of him and so proud of all of us for making it through our first year. I can distinctly remember his first week of school and how terrified I was. Like, I couldn't stop crying all day every day because I was worried sick about him. A lunch visit and helping in the classroom were definitely big players in my adjustment phase. He is learning to read in both English and Spanish and he improves each time we sit down together to learn. Its actually quite amazing how the Spanish is coming easier for him than the English. He made so many new friends and was always a good sport about going to school, which in reality, is what saved me. The principal said it best on his graduation day when she said "you should be proud of these kids, they started a new school in a language most of them didn't understand and they have all succeeded."

We love you, Sully.

Sully's first day.  
Sully on his last day.
Three inches taller and with front teeth :).
So big and brave on his first day.
Grown up and too cool for photos on his last day ;).
Graduation ceremony. 
Proud graduate. 
K03 with Sra Langle and Sr Fernandez
Family photo op.
Hallway meandering. 
Sully's art. 
Last day- tres amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment