Monday, April 16, 2018

Chicago with the ladies.

I found a way to sneak in a quick trip to Chicago to meet some college friends, and it was one of the better decisions I've made. Its been awhile since we've been together, and after some persistence-flights and hotel rooms were booked (Stacy and Maggie were mega missed).

The weekend consisted of shopping, drinking, eating, massages, and more eating- all while constantly chatting. We ate and drank at some amazing restaurants. Some highlights for me include: Cindy's, the Singing Cab Driver, Nerd Nation, soft boiled eggs, and the amazing room at the Sofitel. It's funny how the conversations have changed over the years, but its great to be together and to support each other and celebrate each other.

Things got a bit shaky on Sunday as Sioux Falls was socked with a snowstorm (in April :(). The airline started boarding my flight and then stopped as their was an airplane that had slid off the runway in Sioux Falls. After a few hours of delays, they finally cancelled my flight. I had been up walking when the announcement was made so was able to race (I literally raced someone) to the customer service counter and managed to get a seat on the next flight into Sioux Falls. I was scrambling as we were set to fly out the following day with the kids to San Diego. Fortunately it all panned out I was able to get it all done. It was worth the fiasco to see the girls for a couple of days.

Back in Sioux Falls- Sully starts soccer.
Selfie with the girls. 
Rooftop happy hour at Cindy's.
Post dinner photo at Shangai Terrace. 
Late night entertainment- the photographer was less than impressed with us ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment