Monday, October 19, 2015

All dogs go to Heaven.

We said goodbye to Kenzie today, our 12 1/2 year old black Lab who has been around almost as long as Dave. I adopted her as a 7 year old around Christmas in 2009. She had always been a bit of an anxious pup, but also so full of love. She had adapted really well to the addition of the kids and had been so tolerant of them, even when they were nothing but a nuisance to her. I'd grown accustomed to her being at my bedside each night, waiting outside the shower door for me to finish a shower, and being my number one nap partner when I was able to sneak away. She was always so happy to welcome us home and join us for a walk. The house already feels so quiet with her gone.

She had been slowly declining over the last six months and then more rapidly over the last few weeks. It is really a sad realization when the end is near. Dave and I have spent most of the day in and out of tears, talking about all of our favorite memories with her.

We will miss her greatly and always think of her fondly.

Kenz with her cousins Rudy and Ozzie.  
Greta sharing her cozy and baby LouLou with Kenzie.
Keeping a watchful eye on her napping Sully.
One last family photo.
(As you can tell, we had a 'no dog on the bed' rule ;))

1 comment:

  1. I loved Kenzie. The munce family used to be my neighbors. I am sorry for your loss. Kenzie will be missed by many!!! I thought she was a wonderful dog.

    ReplyDelete