I did it! I made it to 37 weeks and the end is finally near. The kids are gearing up for the baby, and its about time Dave and I follow suit. We did install the infant car seat in the car and are planning on the baby rooming in with us for the first few months as with construction, we really don't have anywhere else for it to go! Sully has been extra mama friendly, even letting me be the one to tuck him in at night rather than Dave. It feels good to be the one he wants because 90% of the time they both beg for daddy, but I'm tired, too.
I hosted a small gathering here last week for my neighborhood ladies group and it totally wore me out. A few days before the party we had a truck load of lumber dropped off in our living room, so I had to improvise and had the guys throw together our new den for the occasion. Although the walls were dry wall and the floor was plywood, it turned out pretty nice. We enjoyed having a couch to sit/play on for the first time in 4 months and were sad when they had to dismantle everything the following morning so they could get back to work . It did give us a taste of whats to come, and we can hardly wait. I napped for three days straight following the party and am finally feeling back to normal.
I saw my doctor today and everything is right on. Baby is measuring 36 weeks, heart rate was 150, 50% effaced and no sign of dilation although the baby is head down and beginning to engage. Doc says Im right on schedule for an end of the month delivery (although Im hoping for maybe a week or so earlier ;)).
 |
| Tacos in the park. |
 |
| Visiting daddy at work (very distracted by the tv behind me). |
 |
| Mismatched day at preschool. |
 |
| Pretty princess. |
 |
| Who needs water? |
 |
| The den, before the party. |
 |
| Looking back into the new kitchen. There will be an island where the ramp is. |
 |
| The new kitchen, almost complete. |
 |
| Story time with daddy. |
 |
| Back at work in the den, with Greta supervising |
 |
| 37 weeks today! |
No comments:
Post a Comment