Monday, April 13, 2015

Wrapping up Riverview.

Its hard to believe we have been here for almost 10 weeks and it is already time to move on. Since we have been here, Sully has given up diapers and his crib, both sure signs that he is a big boy. Unfortunately the crib transition has not been smooth, at all, in fact, it has been an absolute nightmare. Unless one of us lays with him until he falls asleep, he will come running out looking to play, it is exhausting, to say the least. Bedtime is when I wish we were home and had our own bedrooms to retreat to. Since Sully and Greta are currently sharing, we feel like we need to do whatever possible in order to assure he doesn't wake her, which results in us completely catering to his every whim. Transitions, phases, call it what you want, we need to get on to the next one, asap. I like to think of myself as a pretty patient and fun mom, but I am neither of those right now. Spending an evening at work has never felt so amazing.

We are off to a small rental beginning on Wednesday and we will stay there for 8 weeks. Everything is on schedule for us to move back in to the house on June 13th. I go through weekends (usually weekends Dave is on call) feeling desperate to be home, to have my own space and to feel settled. I am looking forward to this being the last move before the last move, and having open shelves and closets to move in to. I am not looking forward to living next door to a set of train tracks and not having a dishwasher. Everything is temporary, I keep telling myself that, I can do anything temporarily... Now if we could just get Sully to sleep!

We will miss my parents' house. The old familiarity of things, the amazing outdoor space, the huge kitchen and the cozy living room. I am a bit bummed that we wont spend any time here while my dad is here as the kids talk about him so much (I use grandpa's potty, I take a tubby in grandpa's tubby). We are grateful for the time we did spend with my mom here, when she was home. I feel like the kids developed a deep space in their souls for her, something I will appreciate for years to come, that and the fact that she made room for us in her quiet space without question or hesitation. There is no doubt that we will be frequent visitors once we have moved out, don't worry, mom ;).

Easter at the Willard farm.
Prezoo smiles (Sully wore his monkey for the monkeys :)).
Eating duck food.
Matching fleece jackets, Greta loving the hand me downs. 
He loves his basketball shirt, this is his third day
in a row in it. 
Shooting hoops in the driveway. Don't you love the
basketball net holder (the tree)?!
The Magnolia Tree blooms. 
Backyard fun.  
Watering grandma's flowers. 
The usual order of things, Sully leads, Greta is always a few steps behind. 
Popcorn night while mommy is at work. 
Popcorn night gone wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment