Thursday, April 23, 2015

A move and a boys trip.

We made the transition to our little rental last week and overall, I'd say it went pretty well. The kids were busy at Maggie's on moving day so Dave and I could work together and get as much done as possible. There is a train track that runs next to and behind the house (it is literally a stones throw away). So we woke to trains the first night, the whole house was vibrating. Needless to say, that is something we will have to get used to.

Dave was on call the following day so I took the kids to Miss Jaspers' playtime and went to my parents' house to clean, vacuum, change sheets, and pick up dog poop. What a morning. I was so efficient, and so exhausted by the time it was all done.

Months ago, Dave booked a boys weekend to see Greenday get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. At the time, it seemed great and really fun and awesome, however, when the timing coincided with the move to the rental, I nearly blew my top. We were in new surroundings, I was not feeling very settled and I was overall just over the whole being out of our house deal. He left on Friday and I pulled up my big girl pants and made it through the weekend. The anticipation is always so much worse than it actually ends up being. The house was gradually feeling more homey by Sunday. The kids and I hardly woke up to the trains by the end of the weekend. Dave returned on Sunday evening and by Monday morning he claimed he was over the rental and ready to move out. I got a good laugh out of that as the kids and I had been there for nearly a week and he had been there for maybe 24 hours.

Seven weeks and two days until we move home (not that I'm counting down or anything ;).

Crazy hair. 
Bowling party for Sully's buddy, Rhys. 
Picking up daddy from the airport. 
Star Wars fun with Rhys. 
Tubby time at the rental. 
Hall of Fame induction. 
Ringo Star's drumset. 
Souvenirs and smiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment