Construction got real, real enough to kick us out. My blood pressure goes up just thinking about the days leading up to last weekend. The packing, sorting, tossing, organizing, etc. that was required to temporarily get us out of there. We had initially planned to spend the bulk of our time at a rental house, unfortunately that fell through last minute, which was a major bummer and inconvenience. Fortunately, my parents are really great and accommodating. So, we moved back in to the house I grew up in. I am sleeping my childhood bedroom and showering in the shower I used through high school. Its actually quite humorous. The kids are sharing the master bedroom, each in their own pack and play, they are taking tubbies in the bath tub I grew up using, with the same drain that I sliced my eyebrow open on. I ended up in ER and came out of there with a butterfly bandage, which was exciting to me as a three year old. We are gradually feeling more at home here. The kids are having a blast and love to jump on Grandpa Paul's bed. As of today, we are one week down, 9 more to go. My mom returns on Wednesday, so that should be fun (for her ;)).
I have been by the house 1-2 times each day to check on progress, and it is incredible. Dave, however, just told me he is no longer interested in seeing the progress. His sentimentality is in full force. The upstairs two bathrooms are completely gutted and the fourth bedroom (which will become a master closet and bathroom) is also down to the studs. They started in on the kitchen and den on Friday. They will open up the sunroom, living room, and kitchen walls this week. I am excited to feel the openness. Making decisions and picking out finishings has started to feel like a full time job. I am happy to say that according to Lyn, the woman helping me, we are more than 50% done, which feels great.
Just when I thought my plate was full, Sully started giving very obvious potty training signs, so we are adding that to the mix. He has been doing so great. Today is day 6 and every day gets a little bit easier. I cancelled one of my diaper subscriptions, boy was that exhilarating! Yay Sully!
 |
| The newest Foreman on the job. |
 |
| Maggie comes to help me move. |
 |
| Story time in Grandpa Paul's bed. |
 |
| Tubby time at Grandma and Grandpa Banana's. |
 |
| A Butterfly House outing. Mom, keep that thing away from us. |
 |
| Rocking the big boy undies. |
 |
| Snowman fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment