Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wrapping up summer.

The last couple of weeks have been super busy between Dave's call schedule and taking advantage of every little outing we could get in while the weather has been nice. It has been tiring, but really great, we have been bowling, a trip to Okoboji, several trips to the park, the Farmer's Market, and German fest (where Sully enjoyed his first corn dog), also Kindermusic and Miss Jaspers has resumed, who ever said being a stay-at-home mom was easy?! Sully is at such a fun age, we have so much fun watching him have so much fun. Greta goes with the flow, usually with a big smile on her face.

I also had the privilege of taking ACLS (advance cardiac life support) certification through work. It is something I dread every time the renewal is due, then drag my feet, and then scramble to complete as it is a job requirement. Between studying, coordinating child care for two days in a row (thank God for Courtney, my mom, and Maggie), going to class, and taking the test (written and running a mega code), Im exhausted. I am happy to have passed and to have it behind me. Hopefully next time I don't drag my feet as much and I recertify before my certification expires. Here's to hoping.

We have had lots of house activity. The plumber has replaced all of the pipes below the house with PVC, the electric company and the electrician have updated the electrical from 100amps to 400amps, the electric line was buried, and the entire perimeter of the basement was broken up and drain tile was placed. We also had our upper deck removed due to some rotting wood. The roof guys were here today fixing a few soft spots, we hope to have a new deck in the next couple of weeks. We are also having a new railing made for that deck. We have a photo of the house from the 1930's, so we are replacing what was there with a railing which will match the original. Wow, what a project. We are almost to the rebuilding phase, and couldn't be more excited!

Lots of photos to catch up on, they are in no particular order. Enjoy!

After nap playtime in Greta's crib. 
GG and Anna in Okoboji. 
Sully and Greta. 
Sully and Jeff on the little boat. I think he almost
fell asleep. 
Date night at Parker's. 
McKennan Park walk. 
Sully teaching Greta a new trick.  
Feeding the ducks at Arrowhead Park. 
Sweet Greta. 
Scores are as follows:
Suzie: 52
Dave: 62.
I still got it!
Learning to bowl. 
Goodnight kisses from Greta.

No comments:

Post a Comment