We have had major basement progress (finally!!). After a month of delays due to unexpected life events from on the the subcontractors, about a dozen people showed up to work here on Thursday. The door was revolving and I was thrilled. Unfortunately, everyone wanted to get at the concrete, the men who wanted to pour the replacement walk way were limited due to the men who were cutting egress windows, so they have to come back next week. Darn. We are anxious to get the front door usable again. So, there you have it. We had concrete cutters, concrete pourers and a plumber breaking up the basement floor (concrete) in order to replace many eroding pipes with PVC, as well as rough in the future bar, bathroom, and laundry room.
We are also nearing in on a backyard we had hoped for. The final sod was placed a few weeks ago and it has taken. There are a few brown spots that we will remedy in time, but we are loving the wide open space.
Dave went to Minneapolis today with a friend of his to catch a Twins game. I have heard from him a few times and know he is having a great time, a much deserved great time.
The kids and I are exhausted, but having a nice weekend. We went to a rodeo birthday party for Capri tonight, it was really pretty entertaining, Sully loved the horses. I was glad to get home and get them in to bed.
 |
| Before the window were cut and the ceiling came down. Looking East. |
 |
| The ceiling comes down, looking Northwest. |
 |
Egress windows are cut, panoramic photo, one of the windows is covered.
Looking East. |
 |
| View from the front. |
 |
New concrete piece of sidewalk, I couldn't pass up this opportunity.
No small task alone with two little ones, but worth it. |
 |
| Back yard, before, from patio, looking West. |
 |
| Back yard, after, from upper deck. |
 |
| GG at the rodeo. |
 |
| Sully at the rodeo. |
 |
| Dave, Jeff, and Steve at the Twins game. |
Amazing! That was a lot of work you did, but the results are coming along nicely. The former look of your backyard is nice, though I have to agree that the wide open space looks so much better. Also, it's good that the work is moving forward with the basement. I hope the guys working on them have finished, so that you have a functioning front door again. Lastly, that looks like a fun weekend. I'm sure everyone had tons of fun. Thank you for sharing that update! I hope everyone is doing well.
ReplyDeleteLynn Williamson @ DAL Builders