We hit the road last Friday morning, the Olivers and my parents weren't too far behind. We headed straight East on 90 to the Wisconsin Dells. A long drive, yes, but we pushed through and managed to stop only once for an extended lunch, diaper change and a quick nursing session in Austin, MN.
We arrived at the hotel which was every kid's dream, there were so many activities. Sully is just getting to an age where he can enjoy those kind of things. It will be fun to see how he does on future kid trips. There were tons of water slides, face painting, a coloring table, and even twice daily story time (the same story every time) where these animal characters talked and fake people came out of a tree house. The theme song 'The Rhythm of Nature" was so fitting, and after about 6-8 views, we were all humming it in our free time. We are still searching for the itunes version to gift to the Olivers, as Jeff admitted on several occasions that he found it very catchy.
Our group went for dinner on Friday evening and we celebrated my dad's 74th birthday. We had Italian food and the kids hung in there for the first 90 minutes and then began melting down before our eyes. Dave and I made a swift exit and called it a night. We stayed in a condo which had this amazing view of I-90, needless to say, our deck wasn't the most pleasant place to unwind, but we used it anyway. After a few glasses of wine, the semis seemed to quiet down a bit. (We did eventually change rooms to a parking lot view, which was much more pleasant).
We spent the next several days doing touristy things in the morning and swimming after naps. We did a duck boat tour, a train ride, and went to a lumber jack show. All were very good and entertaining. Everything was so geared towards kids which made for a pleasant experience for Dave and I. Our water park adventures were also fun. Sully got the courage up to do a kid slide on his own which was awesome. He was so excited, when he would get the bottom, his first word was 'anow!!' (again), so back up he would go. He mastered it. Dave and I even partook in some of the fun. We took turns with Mag and Jeff so we could do some of the bigger slides. I kind of felt like a kid again, bringing back all of my methods for going as fast as I could.
I would have to say the highlight of the trip for me was seeing Sully so happy, Greta was a trooper and rolled with the punches so well. I can't wait to see her on next year's trip. Sully had so much fun on the slides and hanging out with Isaac and Anna. He loves them both so much, and they are both SO good with him. He and Isaac got matching face paints both days. So sweet. Isaac makes sure Sully is happy and takes the time to give him all of his attention. Anna and Greta will be the same way, I'm sure. Lucky kids.
 |
| Sully and Isaac |
 |
| Great Wolf Lodge |
 |
| Celebrating 74 years with my dad. |
 |
| Family photo on the Duck Boat Tour. |
 |
| GG enjoying the pool. |
 |
| Sully sliding, having such a blast. |
 |
| Turtle walking with turtle face paints. |
 |
| Train ride. |
 |
| Mag and I with the kiddos. |
 |
| Lumberjacks and a Lumberjill. |
 |
| Sully getting up close and personal. |
 |
| Double date with the Oliver family. |
No comments:
Post a Comment