Dave had the week off and we took advantage of every single moment.
I drove down to Omaha last Friday evening as one of my BFFs from college was flying in late and had to overnight there before going to her family's lake home in Nebraska. I went early and did a bit of shopping before picking her up at 11pm from the airport. We didn't waste a minute and went directly to the Old Market for wine and apps before returning to our hotel. We spent Saturday morning wandering around the city, reminiscing about our old Creighton days and doing a bit of shopping before I returned to Sioux Falls. We had a really great time together, and the only thing we will change next time is that she will arrive about 5 hours sooner ;). I quickly unpacked and repacked for another trip on Sunday.
The four of us took our second family flight, this time it was to Missouri to visit my friend, Stacy and her family. We spent two nights in St. Louis and the other two at her family's river home near Bourbon, MO. What an adventure. All of the kids played so well together. We ate more than I have in months and enjoyed hot afternoons on the jungle gym and even spent some time on the river. Believe it or not, Sully had his first float trip with Dave. I was back managing Greta (who, by the way, started pulling herself up on this trip!!), and by the sounds of it Sully was no small task. However, by the time they arrived back at home base, he seemed to be loving it. He is going to be such a good little outdoorsman, I love it. We really had a great time and can't wait until our adventure again next year. A new tradition was born. Thanks to Stacy and her family for their hospitality. We literally had our needs met before we even realized they were needs. They are amazing people.
We returned so Dave could work on Friday and then spent most of the weekend talking all things house...How could I forget, we have A/C upstairs! Yes, it took twice as long as expected, but now that its done, we are ok with that. We came home to two 10 foot deep holes in our front lawn. Egress window digging has begun! We are excited to see some progress around here.
 |
| Becky and I in Omaha. |
 |
| Sully swinging in St Louis. |
 |
| Checking out Grandpa Tom's sunflowers. |
 |
| GG! |
 |
Dave and Sully after their float trip on the Miramac River. |
 |
We stopped in Sullivan, MO for a photo op, Sully was more interested in running around :). |
 |
| First annual Munters Adventure Week. |
 |
| Kiddos |
 |
| High fives in the Chicago Airport play place. |
 |
The only thing you can't see here is that Dave is wearing Greta on the front. More airport fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment