Sunday, July 6, 2014

A two year old's mama.

Sully is the sweetest boy around, the older he gets, the more fun he seems. Ever since he has been here, we have loved and have found fun in every stage in his life. Its amazing how one little being can bring so much to our lives, and so much of it we didn't know we were missing.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been jotting things down that I wanted to capture about this phase in our/his life, so here they are, in no particular order.

The battle to clip his toe nails. He squirms, screams/giggles like crazy. And when I do finally get a hold of his feet, I am surprised by how fat, sweaty and stinky they are. I blame the hand me down sandals from Isaac ;).

The quivering lip, pouty face, and the deep breaths he takes when trying to hold back tears while saying "bye bye" to dada as he leaves for work. And then the tears that finally get the best of him, but all is good in the world when offered a snack.

When he sees anything he wants me to see, he yells, "mu maa!" with delight. It is the sweetest word in all of this world. Fortunately he says it when he sees something as minor as a fly and as major as a train, so I get to hear it numerous times each day.

Gosh, I wish I had jotted down more!

Ah-ha! I thought of another one last evening as I was putting on my jacket. I reached in my pocket to see what was in there, and there it was, the little airplane I have for those 'just in case' moments. In every one of my jacket pockets I have either a matchbox car or an airplane. Every time I reach in and my hand bumps into it, I smile.

Greta and Sully make life so worth living.

'Up!' Thanks, Megan and Chris for the cool balloons! 

Winding down for naps. 

Fourth of July fun with daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment