Sunday, October 13, 2013

37 weeks and a break.

Since my appointment on Thursday, my body has given me slow down signs. With contractions and other symptoms, I know the end is near (although we would love to make it at least one more week). I feel excited and giddy at the idea of not being pregnant, and getting to do the non pregnant things I love (ie, sushi, wine, etc). At the same time, I want a bit more time to unpack the 10 or so boxes we have left. I labeled a few boxes as 'odds 'n ends' and those are the ones Im afraid to open. Ill have to keep that in mind for next time, not a good label. Oh wait, there wont be a next time. Mark my words.

Dave and I had a few errands we wanted to run on Saturday morning which were all related to house things when Maggie sent me a text inviting us to the Apple Orchard. I responded with a noncommittal 'we will see, we have a few things to do today.' She quickly suggested how good it would be for Sullivan, with that and the end of the pregnancy in mind, I conceded. We bagged all of our house errands, what a great decision that was. Sully had a blast. He is happiest holding Isaac's hand, chasing Isaac, or tormenting Anna. Such a little character already. We came home for his nap and went to the park as soon as he woke. He slept 13+ hours last night, a sure sign he had a great day. It was so nice to soak up some family time before Dave goes back to work, and while we are still just a family of three.

We had a quiet day today, like I said, I have not been feeling that great, so I needed a day to veg. We slept in, took naps, watched a bit of TV, etc. It was just what I needed. It was so nice to take a two day break from all things house (Dave did a bit of work today, however). We dive back in tomorrow with the painter, electrician, and landscaper arriving in the morning. We finished the nursery the master today, just waiting on curtains. Ill post pictures later this week.

Strapped in and so excited. 
Isaac, Sully, and Anna.
Look closely, Dave was chasing the train around trying to capture the moment,
it was hilarious.
Sully and his #1 buddy. 
Picking pumpkins. 
Family photo.
Obligatory pregnancy pic. 37 weeks along. 
Loving park time with daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment