Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nowhere to nest.

I have found myself itching to do things, I don't even know what, I just know I can hardly sit still. From work to a full day of weeding to tomato sauce producing and random errands, I have being on the move mastered. I am definitely 'nesting,' but don't really feel like I am in the right place, mentally or emotionally. Our house is still on the market, and I am ready to focus on something else. We are a few days away from closing on the new house, which is so exciting, I can't even stand it. I want to be in, I want to throw a coat of paint on the walls, I want to set up a crib (or two) and settle so we are in a comfortable place before the baby is born. I have been antsy for time to fly by and as soon as we sign those papers next week, I will want it to halt so we can get projects done. What a weird feeling. 

We went over to the new house last week to chat with the current owners. Buying this 91 year old home is almost like having a child (another child??!). It is run on a boiler system which is new to both of us, and has all other sorts of quirks that we need to familiarize ourselves with. I think it was our 5th or 6th stop over to ask various questions in order to make for a pleasant transition. As I walked through the house with most of the furnishings gone, I couldn't help but feel a bit emotional. A family with five children was raised there, all of whom are in their 40-50s, so it has been years since babies and little feet have run the stairs and hallways. I chose the nursery and stood there, imagining our crib and glider in the room, trying to envision the perfect color for the walls. I did the same in Sullivan's new room and in the master bedroom. On Tuesday we will breathe new life into this big gorgeous home that both Dave and I feel privileged to call our own. Yikes, here come those emotions again. I can't wait, I get to nest until my heart is content, and then some. 

Im excited to post before and after pictures as we tackle the various projects we have chosen to complete prebaby. We will then take some time off (with the exception of wall paper removal, which will probably continue to take place over the next several months) and do a larger project in the winter of 2015. Im also excited to post something (hopefully sooner rather than later) about the sale of our favorite little house on 6th Avenue (did I mention we dropped the price this week? Hopefully that will help). 

In the mean time, here are some of the things I have been doing to occupy my time. 


Making tomato sauce. 
Harvesting Grandma Banana's fruits and veggies with Maggie.
Soaking up my Sully time.
Peaches, fresh from the peach tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment