Thursday, September 26, 2013

Celebrating on the move.

Dave and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary yesterday with lots of activity. The painter started removing wallpaper and I met with a landscaper, and a decorator. I also had about half dozen friends stop over to check out the new place. It is four floors (including the basement and attic), so as you can imagine, after all of the tours and talking, my body was aching. We tag teamed Sully in order for each other to make appointments and before we knew it, we were sitting at the dining room table eating take out and talking house plans. Not overly romantic, but at the same time, a pretty great day.

I for see a bit of stress in our future, although I am really happy with the progress so far. Dave and I definitely have different opinions on some of the house priorities, but overall, I think we are doing a good job of trying to stay on the same page. After all, that is very important to both of us, and I think if we can keep plugging away as we are, things will go just fine.

As we crawled into bed last night, exhausted and full from dinner (at 9:30pm), I apologized for not getting him a card. Dave's response was somewhat vague, but I didn't pry as he was snoring within seconds. When I got back into bed at 2am (after my second trip to the bathroom), I felt something under my pillow. I pulled it out and it was a hand written note on his personalized National WWII Museum stationary, the header is: "Mr David Munce, Charter Member." How romantic, he knows just how to make my heart patter ;).

In other news, I had my OB appointment this morning, which went great. I will be 35 weeks on Saturday. My blood pressure was amazing and the baby's heart rate was 144. Pretty consistent with the last few checks. We are good to go for two more weeks.

I hope to post soon on some house progress, stay tuned.

Our first photo at the new house. This was taken after
our closing on September 24th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment