Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mumford and Sons

One of my favorite friends called me in early February to ask if Dave and I would be interested in meeting them in Troy, OH for a Mumford and Sons concert over Labor Day weekend. After checking dates and schedules, it looked like it would work, so we booked. Little did I know, I would be exactly 31 weeks pregnant! Oh well, it was still a blast. Sullivan stayed home with Courtney, our babysitter and they did great. No issues whatsoever, thank goodness.

We flew out on Friday morning and arrived in time for an afternoon nap before Stacy and Dave arrived. We stayed in Dayton, which is also where Dave (Winters) went to college, so we had our own personal tour guide. Upon their arrival, we went for dinner with them and another Creighton couple who were also in town for the concert. We turned in early and slept like rocks, Dave even slept in until 10am, something completely unheard of for him. The guys dropped us off at the mall for shopping and pedicures while they went to The Air Force Museum.  After shopping, we ate, took naps (again) then made our way to the concert.

The concert was amazing. The town of Troy has a population of 25,000 people and they basically shut most of it down for the concert. The main streets and surrounding areas were roped off and everyone was celebrating. Unfortunately, it did rain a bit, but that didn't scare off any of the 35,000+ fans. We found our way to the bleachers and settled in. I will admit, going to a concert in a completely sober state was a foreign concept to me, but it was great. I had an absolute blast, hopefully we can do something similar when we I can enjoy some of the specialty beers and whatnot ;).

Stacy and Dave dropped us off on their way out of town on Sunday morning after brunch. We were able to catch an early flight and get home to Sully shortly after he woke up from his nap. I wont be leaving him again until I go into labor, which is actually a really good feeling. Dave turned around and went to Montana yesterday for the rest of the week, so once he returns, we will be put until baby number 2 is here.

It was great to spend time with Stacy and Dave. Dave and Dave have a lot of similar interests and share a lot of common knowledge, so they are good entertainment for each other. Stacy and I have been friends forever and are good about keeping in regular contact. We have no problems picking up where we left off, which is great. Looking forward to the next rendezvous!

Group photo, pre concert.
Here comes the rain, and a really flattering
poncho at 31 weeks pregnant. 
Suzie and Stacy
Dave and I at the concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment