Monday, June 24, 2013

Hot in KC

As the mother of a one year old, I have been lucky to get away on two girls trips in the same month. All it boils down to is that I have a pretty stellar husband who makes it work. I am lucky, and I know it. Thanks, babe, for making it happen for me.

I went to Kansas City on Friday to meet Stacy from St Louis, Becky from Boston, and Leanne from Linneapolis (couldn't resist, sorry). We had hopes of getting the whole group together, but with young babies and their needs, a couple of the girls had to stay back. We are all Creighton friends and have had a running iMessage for about the last six months, so we are constantly connected and keep up on the day to day excitement with each other. What a busy time in all of our lives, between the six of us (the four that were there and the two who couldn't make it), there are nine kids under the age of four, with number 10 on the way. Although it feels like we jump through hoops to pull the quick weekends off, it is so worth it. We are all in similar places in life and it is great to have the support from one another.

We stayed on The Plaza and had a great time. With dozens of shops and restaurants within walking distance, it was a great meeting spot. We ate, drank (virgin for me), spent some time by the pool, and relaxed. Im already looking forward to the next one, great to see you, girls!

Stacy, me, Leanne and Becky at Gram and Dun on Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment