Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Today we got to celebrate Dave. Weekends spent as a family feel very few and very fast, between vacation, commitments, and Dave's call schedule, it seems they come around so infrequently. Lucky for us, this was one of those perfect weekends. Lucky for Dave, Father's Day happen to coincide.

We woke up and went to church, then came home for a pancake breakfast prepared by yours truly. We finished in time for Sullivan's nap and while he slept, we worked on 'thinning out' the den. We moved a hand full of boxes to the garage and then sat on the patio and enjoyed gorgeous weather and a bit of conversation. Dave then went to see his mom and I did a few chore before we went to a picnic with my family. Four of the five kids were there, we enjoyed delicious food and the usual fun conversation.

Im lucky to have a dad who provides great guidance, love, and support to both Dave and I. I am also lucky to have a husband who feels like his life has been fulfilled by becoming a father, and who shows it in his every action, toward me and Sullivan. Sully and I hit the jackpot with Dave, and we cant wait to show baby number two whats in store.

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my husband, my brothers, and my brother-in-law. What a great bunch of guys :).

Daddy and Sully with Sully's homemade gift. 

Dad with his girls. 
The King of Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment