Dave had his first weekend of call this past weekend and I was super anxious about my first 24 hour stretch alone with Sullivan. Not that I couldn't handle it, it was more of the idea of Dave being gone. He had been my social outlet, my sounding board, my sense of reason, and my side kick around the clock for eight days straight, so I knew I just needed to get through it, and that I would get through it.
My mom and I were chatting and she was talking about heading to Mitchell and the light bulb went on, this was the perfect way to spend one of Dave's call days. I could steal some quality time with her in the car, and I could also introduce Sully to his Great Grandparents and Great Aunt Janet. So, we packed up and hit the road. Sully did awesome. He slept the entire way there and the entire way home, and woke up long enough to squeak hello while in Mitchell.
Sullivan is my grandparent's 21st great grandchild. The age range is from 12 years to 14 days old. Its amazing how the family has grown. We are very lucky to have my grandparents with us, they are going strong at 89 and 96 years old and will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary this fall. They are a great example of love and strength to all of us. Below are a few pictures of the day.
 |
| Sullivan and Great Grandpa Wally |
 |
| Great Grandma Gladys, Sully, and Grandma Banana |
 |
| Me, Gma and Gpa Scott, and Sullivan |
No comments:
Post a Comment