Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cousin Brothers

When Sullivan was born, many people thought he resembled his cousin, Isaac, Maggie's eldest child. I saw it, too, and was thrilled because Isaac holds such a special place in my heart. My mom thought that because Maggie and I share more than the usual sibling DNA, our kids will be more than cousins, but less than brother, ie. cousin brothers. Isaac was the closest thing my child before I was fortunate enough to have Sullivan. It is still very important to me to get my Isaac time in several times each week.

Isaac loves Sullivan, Anna does, too. Every time we swing by to visit them, we spend the first several minutes letting each of them get their one on one time with Sully. Anna says "baby baby!" or points to his feet and says "baby toes" over and over again, while Isaac just comments on "how stinkin' cute Sylvan is." They melt my heart. I cant wait for Sullivan to start chasing them around, and to start reciprocating the love.

Isaac (er, Maggie) was kind enough to offer Sully all of Isaac's old clothes. We took many of the outfits and it is so fun to put Sullivan in things I distinctly remember Isaac wearing. I put him in one particular outfit today and I immediately remembered taking numerous photos of Isaac with the same thing on. I had Maggie forward me the photo, see if you notice the resemblance.

Isaac
Sullivan
Isaac and Sullivan 

No comments:

Post a Comment