Puerto Rico was fantastic. Dave had a conference and it sort of coincided with my birthday, so we figured, what the heck! It was pretty easy to get to, the weather was lovely, the culture, sounds, vibes, colors, and people were all top notch. We had equal parts exploring and relaxing, including lawn chair naps as the sun set, I mean, actual real life dream come true. Oh, and worth mentioning, we got to experience a black out day.
We stayed at the Hilton Caribe, which was also where the conference was. It had a great resort feel. Dave was up early for meetings and I would meander down to the pool at my leisure. Dave would meet up when he was done and we would grab a quick lunch and either head into Old San Juan (a 45 minute walk) or just find a good lawn chair and settle in. We loved Old San Juan. We had good food, enjoyed the beautiful views, loved the gardens, tried mofongo, had pina colidas from the inventor of the drink, and just followed our noses. I would highly recommend it. A couple of notable mentions... Barrachima for pina coladas, El Asador for mofongo, and sunset drinks at Atelier Rooftop. I can't wait to go back.
 |
| Airplane sunset. |
 |
| Gorgeous gardens. |
 |
| Exploring Old San Juan. |
 |
| Colors and vibes. |
 |
| Local gardens. |
 |
| Sky and sea views. |
 |
| Vacation Dave |
 |
| Mofonogo |
No comments:
Post a Comment