Greta and Sully (and I) survived their first sleep away camp :/. I was an anxious mess leading up to the week and it finally eased the closer they were to coming home. They had mixed reviews, but overall, a great experience.
Sully was in a cabin with 5 buddies from school/soccer. They loved their freedom, and had a great time meeting other people and doing all sorts of new things. Sully was terribly homesick the first few days, he would find Greta and she would do what she could do to boost his spirits. He said he tried to call me but the councilor wouldn't let him. He wrote 5 letters in the first 2 days (which I didn't get until after he returned, thank goodness) begging me to come pick him up and saying how awful it was. By midweek, he was better and having a lot of fun and didn't send any further letters. In the images posted by camp on their webpage, it was obvious he wore the same outfit for the first 3 days. Classic. We were so happy to be reunited, sweet Sully.
Greta, on the other hand was in a cabin with one other friend and she had lots of fun, other than having to council Sully during free time the first few days. She met some girls from Kansas City and found out she was the only girl in the cabin who doesn't shave her legs. Her letters were full of information from all of the fun she was having and thankful for our letters. She started to miss us toward the end of the week and was glad that Saturday came quickly when the home sickness set in. I loved getting her in my arms again.
Piper managed being the only child like a champion, surprise surprise. ;)
I was a mess, I hardly slept the first few nights, worried about them and if they were sleeping, getting eaten by bugs, or putting sunscreen on. The great news is is that they both have good friends who looked out for them and helped them navigate life without me for the week they were away. I sent them both letters every day and we might have been one of the first families to arrive at pick-up, but I survived and am proud of all of us for being brave and strong. I was so happy to be under the same roof the night we returned.
 |
| Jam packed. |
 |
| Squad. |
 |
| Proof of life on the camp site! |
 |
| Sully's cabin. |
 |
| Greta's cabin. |
 |
| Greta and Kennedy |
 |
| Piper living her best life. |
 |
| Boy moms unite! |
 |
| One of the many letters. ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment