I made my 5k comeback this year at the Avera Race (hahah!). It was fun! Dave, Sully, and Anna were registering in March and I sort-of on impulse threw my hat in the race. I wanted to find ways to challenge myself physically and thought this would be a good start. Training was terrible, I was able to get two practice runs in before the race, but do attend regular bootcamp, so I knew I could finish, but didn't know how it would go.
The morning of the race was picture perfect, the weather was awesome. Maggie and Jeff came to cheer us on and they hung with the girls while we ran, my dad even came to watch which was really great. I teamed up with my friend Erin from bootcamp and she was definitely the reason I kept going (and at a much faster pace than I was planning). Dave and the kids crossed the finish line about one minute and 30 seconds before me and were there to cheer me on as I crossed. It was hard, so extremely hard, but I did it and I was so proud of myself for that.
 |
Dave and the kids make the big screen! They were in a promotional video and everyone was pumped (especially Dave ;)). |
 |
| This year's hand in hand, crossing the line. |
 |
| Me crossing the line, the girls cheering me on. |
 |
| Erin and I. |
 |
| So proud of Sully. |
 |
| Fam photo. |
 |
| Dad and the kids. |
 |
| The runners. |
No comments:
Post a Comment