Saturday, June 18, 2022

Getting into the Summer Groove

We quickly slipped into the summer groove with so many fun things. Sully played spring baseball, Greta played spring softball, and in-between that business, the kids participated in Augie Rec Camp (the final year for Sully) and Leif Ericson, had lots of impromptu get togethers with the girls next door (forever grateful for those relationships), and pool dates whenever the opportunity presented itself. 

The most notable event for Sully is likely his overnight at Leif Ericson. He was so brave but nervous about it from day 1, he decided he was ready for it and took the leap. When he got on the bus on Thursday, I said, see you tomorrow! It was his first overnight ever away from home and from Dave or I, and I was so nervous, but so proud of his bravery. I was so happy to get him in my arms on Friday afternoon, he ran to my arms and told me how much he missed me. I had snuck a few items into his sleeping bag as mom-reminders and he confessed that when he was feeling sad, he found them and took a moment to remember me. He is so tender. He said he had so much fun but didn't sleep well and really missed us and that he never wants to do it again, we will see. 

Bring on more summer! 


Rec Camp with Elin.

Impromptu neighbor fun.

Jo

Ice Cream and a bonfire. 

Greta plays ball. 

Greta and her good friend Lola. 

Sully plays ball! 

Sully's team photo. 

Movie night with the Erie's

The Catalpa Tree blooms, a bit later this year. 

All three at Lief Ericson- all day! 

Ready to go with his overnight gear. 

Sweet trio, I love them so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment