Thursday, November 21, 2019

Great turns SIX!

Greta manages to remain my child who is growing up before I even realize it. I mean, she turned six and can vividly remember taking photos of her in my room when she was 6 months old, her beautiful big blue eyes, so curious, and her cheeks, the sweetest cheeks. Her health scares, skin issues so bad as a three month old, followed by allergies, asthma, etc. She is a fighter, a peace keeper, smart as a whip. She asks intelligent questions and is the most 'go with the flow' out of the five of us. I fell asleep with her last night in her room and she fits perfectly into my body, curled around me. Before we fell asleep, I asked her how it felt to lay so close to me and she replied 'it just feels good, mama, because I love you so much.' She wondered how I felt, and in my mind I was thinking about how safe she must feel being so connected with me but when she directed that question to me, I realized how safe she made me feel. So I told her, 'I feel safe.' and she responded with a squeeze. I love her so much.

Greta has blossomed into an amazing kindergartner. After a really difficult 8 weeks of tears at school drop off, she now loves it. She loves to roll her 'rs' and sing songs in Spanish. She still prefers to be dropped off through the office, but otherwise is great. I'm so proud of her. The week she turned six, I let her and Sully walk home from the bus by themselves each day, she loves the independence its given them and prefers to take the long way home so they can be in charge of themselves for longer.

We celebrated Greta numerous times during the course of her birthday week, as we should have. We had a family party for both girls on Friday, November 1st, followed by her friend party on Sunday, the 3rd, and finally, dinner at her favorite place (Red Rossa) on her actual birthday November 5th with our family and a few extra special guests (grandma and grandpa banana, maggie and anna). We had a great week, opened dozens of gifts and so many treats and cake, we lost track of all of the sugar intake (and are still detoxing ;)).

Greta gave Grandma Banana a makeover and she
is officially her mini me.
Greta was certain we could accomplish a DIY unicorn cake.
😂😂😂
Family birthday party fun. 
Friend birthday party fun with a store bought cake. 
School gals. 
November 5th, officially SIX!

No comments:

Post a Comment