After months (literally) of searching for a date that worked for both the Barkers and us to travel to Chicago together, it finally happened. Matt and Rebecca have been couple friends of ours since the early days of our relationship. I have known Matt, however, since I was a kid. He used to be a lifeguard at the pool I lived at. I never imagined our paths would be so intertwined. He and Dave hit if off with similar interests, both physicians who work together and book club together. Rebecca and I have been friends since the Kindermusic days, some years we were more connected than others, but we have always maintained our friendship. We are both also part of the same 'trivia' crew which involves two other amazing couples.
After months (literally) of searching for a date that worked for all of us to travel to Chicago, it finally happened. The Barkers have a Chicago condo and invited us to join them for a weekend. And it was amazing. We had dinner a few months prior to the trip and made reservations at some amazing places that are so hip and trendy that they require reservations that far out. We arrived in time for cocktails at SOHO house before dinner at The Girl and the Goat and then major bar hopping to 5 or so fabulous bars with amazing rooftops and views. Saturday morning started slow with hangovers and brunch followed by shopping and spa apts for the girls while the guys went to museums. Dinner on Saturday evening was at Maple and Ash followed by Second City and then dessert and wine at the Peninsula. We snuck in one more brunch before returning home on Sunday. It was truly a weekend of eating and shopping and the fun sort of adulting that only happens once a year because of the amount of alcohol and food consumed. But it was amazing, and I can't wait for it to happen again. Mega thanks to the Barkers!
Meanwhile back home, Sully had his very first piano recital (and rocked it!) and Greta finished her soccer season with a great game and ceremony, soccer trophy and all. Courtney took great care of them, I'm not even sure they knew we were gone. :).
 |
| Bar hopping on Friday night - I have no idea where we were when we took this. |
 |
| Second City |
 |
| Maple and Ash inside joke. |
 |
| Greta and her team. |
 |
| Proud Greta. |
 |
| Matt and Cassandra take the music man to his recital. |
 |
| So grown up and professional. |
 |
| Special visitor, grandma. |
No comments:
Post a Comment