Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine's Day and a couple of snowmen.

We spent Valentine's Day in with our three valentines. Between school and piano, it wasn't practical to plan anything extravagant, so we kept it easy with heart shaped pizza and girl scout cookies for dessert. Everyone was happy with simple approach.

We finally had some fresh snow followed by mild days so we could get out and enjoy some winter fun. The kids have the most fun when I'm pulling them around the yard in a sled, but that gets old really fast. I'm usually able to redirect them to the jungle gym or to snow creations. I love how if we can get out the door, we usually end up out there for 30+ minutes, and when we do come back inside, everyone is in much better spirits. 

I tried to reenact a Valentine's Day photo from two years ago with the kids, it was so funny. Dave and I had them all on the rocking chair and we were being silly trying for simultaneous smiles (sooooo impossible). I said something like 'everyone look at me and say chicken nuggets, pizza, and cheese!!!!,' they were all giggling and moving around. Greta stopped, looked at us and said, 'we want to take a turn taking your photo'. So we did, and we all laughed hysterically. Enjoy the photos below...

Valentine's Day photo.
Our turn. 
Piper needs in on our fun. 
The view from our end-
they are all yelling 'mom and dad, say pizza and cheeseburgers!'
or some variation of that.
Munce snowman 2018- 'Snarky.'
The sweetest 2 year old.
Sledding fun at the Starks. 
The end of a fun morning outside- and that huge snowman! 


No comments:

Post a Comment