I was so honored to cohost Lauren's baby shower with Jana Thompson and Kirsten Biondi. Ever since I have been a part of Dave's family, I had attended showers with these women as hosts and they have done such an exceptional job. They were best friends of Lauren's mom, Julie and have gone the extra mile to celebrate milestones in Sarah (Lauren's sister) and Lauren's life. When I got the invitation to join them in throwing Lauren's baby shower, I was thrilled, my mind went into overdrive as to how to make it extra extra special. We shared fun planning coffees and funny group txt messages with thoughts and progress.
We hosted the shower at Vance Thompson Vision, it was lit up with pink lights and was full of pink baby goodness. From balloons to flowers to pink champagne and heart accessorized kabob skewers to go along with heart shaped pizzas, nothing was missed. Everything that was done was picked up a notch with details (including heart shaped salami on the antipasto kabobs (gahhhh!). I joked with Kirsten and Jana that they are my detail soul sisters, although there is actually a lot of truth in that. I had fun hand crafting paper flowers and paper flower wreaths, who knew the power of paper (and time ;)).
Lauren was the most beautiful and gracious guest of honor. No doubt she has a lot of emotions regarding her first baby and the absence of her mom. She shows such appreciation and love for everyone in her life. I always love to be in her presence.
We are so excited to meet baby girl Fey in March, Lauren! I can't wait to love on you both, and to field questions, even if they come at 3am :).
 |
I was getting ready for the evening and Greta (lower right) said "mama, you're so silly, you look just like one of those trolls!" Love that girl. |
 |
| Vance Thompson Vision in pink! |
 |
| The decor. |
 |
| Dessert table with a paper frame around Lauren, Julie, and Grandma Helen. |
 |
| The spread. |
 |
Cohosts + guest of honor. Jana, Kirsten, Lauren, and I. |
 |
| Loving on baby girl Fey. |
 |
| Lauren and Sarah. |
 |
| Gift opening fun. |
No comments:
Post a Comment