I generally give myself a two week break after the new year to regroup and recover from the holiday madness, and to get through January. It is such a cold month that if I can make it through the first two weeks, we are usually home free and then anticipating spring, which is just around the corner.
We have been busy. We celebrated Christmas with Dave's family here last week and it was an absolute blast. We had dinner, lots of wine, and played a few really fun games. Everyone being such great sports makes the evening so memorable. Dave and I have already started brainstorming games for next year. We feel we really need to up the ante in order to top this year's gathering.
Dave had a week of vacation this last week and I was able to get a few shifts in which was a nice and welcomed break for me. Im sure he is thrilled to get back to the grind on Monday ;).
I embarked on a project over the last week. My niece, Lauren, is expecting a baby in March, she and I were brainstorming nursery decor ideas. Initially she was hoping to order something but after loads of googling and youtube videos, we thought it would be fun to take the project on ourselves (I may have nudged her a little). Lauren hosted two craft nights where a few of us gathered to eat, drink, and create. We were successful and it was
so fun. We came up with paper flowers that she will hang on her wall. They are breathtaking and so unique. I can't wait to see her finished product displayed, and of course to meet her sweet baby girl (9 weeks to go!).
 |
| Snowman fun. |
 |
| A brief sledding outing. |
 |
| Party props. |
 |
| Greta takes a turn. |
 |
Sully climbed into bed late one night, I looked over and Sully was holding Dave's hand. |
 |
Party prep. And this ends the photos of the family party, Im so disappointed I didn't take more. Ugh. |
 |
| Breakfast on the couch. |
 |
| Annual allergy visit. |
 |
The reactions were worse than last year :(. Still no tree nuts and shellfish for this girl. |
 |
| Paper flower fun. |
 |
| The end result. |
 |
| Sully's first ski lesson. |
 |
| He did great! |
 |
| Washington Pavilion outing. |
 |
| Rocking my baby to sleep (a rare occurrence these days). |
No comments:
Post a Comment