Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Piper Connelly Munce

My induction was scheduled for Friday morning (10.30.15), Dave had to work so my mom came to watch the kids and Maggie was my ride to the hospital and my number one person until Dave could get relief. When my mom and Maggie arrived, we all found out we were up most of the night for various reasons, all related to the excitement of the day ahead. Like mother like daughters. My fears have changed so much with each delivery: the fear of the unknown with Sully, the fear of managing two kids with Greta, and this time, the fear that everything would go ok knowing I needed to be able to get home to my two, soon to be three sweet little kids. 

Everything went according to plan at the hospital, I was checked in and the pitocin was started by 8:20am, Dave popped in from time to time and Maggie and I hit the hallway for laps. My goal was the equivalent of 2 miles (32 laps), and I think I got about 26 or so in by the time all was said and done. Dave was relieved from work around 10am and my doctor broke my water at 11:30 and I was at a 3. I hit the halls again for more laps until some prep work was done for my epidural and then returned to get it at about 12:30. I have not had the best track record with epidurals, so I had a bit of anxiety related to getting one. Much to my dismay, I had issues again, it started out as an excellent one, doing all of the right things, and then it got too good and went a little too high resulting in blood pressure issues which the baby tolerated just ok, so we decided to turn it off all together to give my body a chance to recover. All was well with the world when my nurse checked me before her lunch break around 1:10pm and I was at a 3.5. A half an hour later, I could feel pressure. The epidural was restarted and a nurse came in to check on me at about 2:10 and realized I was complete and ready to push. Panic set in for me as I wasn't ready! I wanted just a few minutes to watch HGTV or something ;). That wasn't the case. They scrambled to get the room set up and three calls were placed to my doctor who arrived just in time to coach me through about 3 contractions and 10 minutes of intense pushing before Piper was born at 2:24pm. My nurse said, 'daddy was right, its a girl!' I was so distracted by the intensity of it all that I thought that  I had misheard her as I was CERTAIN I was having a boy. Oh and her size! She had chubby cheeks and even a few rolls, she was 8 lbs and 11 oz! Who knew! Its no wonder my body has been so sore these last few months. Maggie and Dave were just what I needed to get through the day, it is such a relief to be on the other side of things. 

Sully and Greta came up that evening to meet her and they were so sweet. Greta raises her little voice whenever she is talking to her and Sully is still warming up. I didn't consider how much it would rock his world as he is actually starting to get things. He missed us terribly while we were at the hospital. I was so ready to get home to be a family again. 

Piper met many of her cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents while we were in the hospital. She is already so loved. 

Daddy and Piper
Dave and I with Piper.  
Mag and I with Piper. 
First family photo. 
Piper Connelly Munce. 
Halloween fun, neither of them would let her sit on their lap ;).
Fun with the Oliver kids. 
Being discharged and walking home from the hospital,
it was a gorgeous day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment