Monday, July 13, 2015

DMB in Des Moines.

Maggie proposed a trip for old time's sake to Des Moines for a DMB concert several months ago. In my college years and shortly after I was more than a Dave Matthews Band fan, I was a fanatic. I saw many concerts, did all of the research on the band and all of that stuff. Somewhere along the line, the passion faded. I still sing along when a song comes on the radio and feel somewhat nostalgic about them, but they no longer have that hold on me.

When Maggie suggested the idea, I wasn't pregnant, although that was in my plan. Because of that and the fact that it was a midweek concert and knowing how impossible Dave's schedule is to work with, I was iffy on wether or not it would work out. To my pleasant surprise, it all came together, pretty nicely as a matter of fact.

We left on a Tuesday morning and arrived in time to freshen up at Sonia and Brad's. The four of us grabbed a bite to eat with Maggie's brother in law Joe before heading to the concert. I wasn't as much fun as my nonpregnant self, but I had a great time. Mag had a good enough time for the both of us and tolerated my sober self, encouraging me to take a seat whenever possible. We hit the road early on Wednesday morning and made it home by early afternoon.

Thanks Mag for the quick get away, I think I needed it more than I realized!

Maggie, Sonia and I before the concert. 

Maggie and I during the concert. 
Back in Sioux Falls, foot zerberts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment