What a wild week last week was. I feel like Im finally catching up (and its the following Friday!).
Sully and Anna were in Kindercamp together and had an absolute blast. Every day when we picked them up or dropped them off, the instructors would rave about how they share their lunches, sit together, play together and take care of one another. How heart warming. Sully is mostly a timid boy, so its great for him to have a buddy (especially his cousin) around. I know that when he feels safe he is much more himself. Greta and I enjoyed our one on one time together. I can't believe how easy it is to manage one child. She is so sweet and giggly. I crave her sweet little voice. She is talking so much and it melts my heart. She refers to Sully as "Ayah" and it drives him nuts. She will say "Hi Ayah!" and he responds with, "I'm NOT Ayah, I'm Yully!" (we are still working on some speech things ;)). Its hilarious. They are so insanely busy, but so adorable at the same time.
Immediately after Kindercamp we hit the road to Okoboji for the weekend. Dave, Matthew, Lauren, and Cassandra had planned to run the Okoboji 10k several months ago and as the weekend approached, Maggie and Jeff decided to go a day early and invited the kids and I along (Dave and I and the kids were going to stay at the Oliver cabin). Dave came after work on Friday and the race was on Saturday morning. We had a great time boating, swimming, napping, eating, going to Arnold's Park, and just spending time together. We hosted a pasta feed for the racers on Friday and a BBQ for the group on Saturday evening. Jeff and his brother Joe also ran the race. It was a hot day and everyone finished and did great. Way to go! And thanks to the Olivers for a memorable weekend, we feel so lucky, xoxox.
We were tired and happy to get home on Sunday. I was in major need of some down time. I am approaching my 27th week of pregnancy and boy do I feel it. Between really hot days, two busy kids and this construction project, we are nonstop. On a very good note, I had recently had an OB appointment and the baby is measuring right on, and its heart rate was 146. I am so grateful for an uneventful pregnancy.
 |
| BK fun with the Oliver kids. |
 |
| Camp fun with Anna. |
 |
| Full hands at Arnold's Park. |
 |
The kids on the roller coaster, it may have been too soon for Greta. |
 |
| Maybe a more appropriate ride. |
 |
Dave and the kids after the race. Sully was a really good sport about the photo ;). |
 |
| Prerace photo of the group. |
 |
| Sully, Maggie, and Anna. |
 |
| First class view. |
 |
| Sweet Sully and his amazing cowlicks. |
 |
| Boat fun = boat nap. |
 |
| Story time. |
 |
| The kids feeling for the baby. |
No comments:
Post a Comment