Dave has been super-daddy, and super-husband while I have been away for two weekends in a row. What a good sport. I know it is really busy around here with the kids, and even though he says he enjoys every second of it, I can read through the lines and tell he is exhausted. Also, the fact that he was been in bed by 9pm on the Sundays that I returned has also been a good indication as to how tired he has been.
I spent the weekend of Nov 14-16 in St. Louis with Stacy and her kids, which was great. I had not seen them since July and I cant believe how big her baby is. We picked up right where we left off. We spent the days managing the kids and the evenings eating ice cream and talking/watching tv. We did some figuring, and that was my sixth trip this year. Wow, hard to believe. The circumstances are so crappy, but our friendship has strengthened in so many ways, as well as the friendships surrounding mine and Stacy's. I know I've touched on this before, but I don't feel like I can say it enough. The luck I've had in the friend department is something I'll never take for granted.
Maggie and I went to Minneapolis this last weekend for our biannual shopping trip. We got smart this year and had babysitters come at 9 on Friday morning so we could get on the road early. As the weekend approached, we created a master list of 'to-dos' and 'to-buys' and then compiled the list into a master game plan on the drive up. Its all about strategy, and I'm happy to say it paid off. Our first stop was in Edina where my friend Leanne met us. We wandered around there for a few hours before heading to our hotel. We stayed at a hotel which is connected to the Mall of America which was genius. There were no parking lots to navigate, no coats to lug around, and a convenient place to drop off our bags when they got too heavy. Leanne hung with us for several hours and then had dinner with us before she returned home on Friday evening. It was really great to be with her, and I know she was grateful for a day out as well. Saturday was one big shopping spree. We started at 10 when the shops opened and made a dinner reservation for 9pm when the shops closed. What a day! We returned home on Sunday afternoon and couldn't believe the weekend was over. We were tempted to just stay a couple more days. Thank God for a fabulous sis, seriously. The kids were so happy to have me home, Greta has hardly let me out of her site since then :).
In the week between the two trips, Dave came down with strep throat. Poor guy. He carried through like a trooper and fortunately the rest of us avoided it. In that same week, we celebrated our 5th anniversary since our first date. Hard to believe how much has happened in five years. Dave and I had chemistry and companionship from the beginning, but I didn't realize how much more about him there was to know. I'm grateful for his persistence and commitment to his family. It was after our second date, the following week, that he told me I was the one for him and he wasn't interested in waiting around for long. I thought he was crazy, but was interested to see where things would go from there. Lucky for me, and for him, it worked out! Happy anniversary, Dave. Thanks for a great five years.
 |
| Sweet Greta at the grocery store. |
 |
| After nap fruit snack. |
 |
| Lol. |
 |
| Twin selfie. |
 |
| Bundled up Sully. |
 |
| Christmas lights are up! Almost time to turn on the Christmas music. |
No comments:
Post a Comment